During this program, I want to become able to communicate fluently with native English speakers. In order to achieve this, I have to understand and speak English correctly, and it’s also necessary to be active. Now I strongly recognize my poor English, so I’m not afraid of making mistakes, and I try to talk with PAs, CIs and Professors actively.

The frame work lectures held in August 4th is about cultural studies. The main message is we have to pay attentin to both similarities and differences, when I study culture. That helps me break stereotype and recognize reality. Then, we thought many kind of diversity of the U.S, for example, racial diversity, ethnic diversity, generation diversity, religion diversity, urban/semi-urban/rural diversity. In my opinion, at first, the image of the U.S. is freedom , because there are little old customs  in the U.S. However, I found that is not true. There are so many diversities and they have a great influence on people’s life, connected with other diversities. Sometimes they deprive peoples of freedom of choice. For instance, what kind of University you go, you lose choices of works you get and money you earn. The frame work in August 5th is about Colonial Williamsburg. Lecturer referred to what is American and what is not American. He also told us that colonial Williamsburg contain both of the American aspect and the unAmerican aspect.  I also consider America is a country that always want to make progress in all fields. In other words, American people are future-oriented way of thinking. However, colonial Williamsbug try to restore to the city in the 18th century. If the mentioned above image of America is true, that is different from what I think is American. So I can say that’s an unAmerican characteristic. However, the purpose of this restoration is not only keeping old street and houses but also attracting tourist. The fact that Colonial Williamsburg change sightseeing place is American charactaristic of colonial Williamsburg.