Journal Entry1

My first impression for Keio University/College of William & Mary Cross-Cultural Collaboration was just pleasure, for I have not been to the United States so far. I want to see the many sights such as churches, Washington D.C. and William & Mary University. Also, during this program I want to learn about American cultures in detail. When I was a high school student, I did not study world history, so I do not have knowledge about America. For this reason, when I can learn to understand American real culture and life/food style, I think that I can expand my horizons about various things and this experience will be useful in working in the future. To be honest, I do not think that I can improve my English reaching the same level as native speakers for only two weeks. Therefore, in order to get better at English I plan to study abroad for 6 or 12 months in 2 years, so this program is a kind of exercise for me (but I cannot speak English well). To be honest, I do not think that I can improve my English reaching the same level as native speakers for only two weeks, so I hope to achieve understanding of the whole American culture. When it comes to Framework lecture on August 4, I studied the American various things such as historical, political and racial… These things are so academic for me, and the discussion time is more academic for me, because in discussion time I have to think of the content of the lecture and come up with some questions. In Japan, I have not discussed the class, so discussion even in Japanese is hard for me. Therefore, during this program, I want to improve my discussion skill too in addition to my English.