Regarding the lecture, gender and sexuality on August 7th, I think that case study one, the bath room, was so impressive because, American young boy appealed his actual statement to general American school, society and country. However, compared to America, my country does not have advanced understandings about LGBTQ, which means that we do not know the Q at all so far. America is comparatively more generous to them rather than Japanese. Japanese people gradually tend to understand who LGBT are, what they think, and who they are because of TV celebrities’’ influence, but we have many stereotypes toward LGBT. For example, as soon as we see LGBT people who have weird cloths or wear makeup, we look at them immediately and complain about that in the trains. In order to make our society better, more generous, and more diverse, we have to start to talk with close LGBT friends at first to understand willingly. I know my friends said it is very necessary for us to arrange the environment where LGBT can come out their worries, because our minds are so conservative and out-of-dated.

As for Race Relations in the U.S., I did already know lot of information the professor explained, so personally what was curious about to me was how much slaves were sold. Ari said that it depended on what kind of slaves or how old they were. When I went Auction Houses of slave trail, I imagined how a bunch of slaves felt by being sold, marked up or down. The reason why I thought about was because “12 Years a Slave” reminded me to consider this historical issues related to the lecture as well as slave trail. So would you introduce how much they were sold to us? Everyone is so curious about it.

Another thing I thought about was the professor mentioned the previous president Obama in his lecture. He told that he succeeded in getting not only black votes but also white ones for eight years because they desired to alter their present situations and destinies. However I thought he could not contribute to improving status of blacks in general because I read an article about his achievement and asked several blacks a question about do you think his political policies made you change in a positive way? They said “No”. Eventually, although the professor said the lives of African American in the U.S. has always been difficult but will change little by little, I have to keep in mind that what is going on blacks in the long term.

When I listened to the lecture of American music today, the thing I could learn from him was how to appreciate American music with a 12 bar segment and it was connected with slave history, because their music was the best way to show that they were oppressed, controlled and had many complaints against whites in those days. I think that his approach of teaching his field or music is understandable, which is not knowledge-oriented taught by researchers. Personally, I want to know what blacks wanted to insist at their heart from their songs.