On the 6th lecture, I learned about the citizenship from the two aspects, mainly about cultural aspects. After the Great Depression, American government makes people to buy and consume a lot of things in order to keep and protect the Capitalism, and that led it to the birth of the cultural citizenship of America: consumption. Interestingly, Japan is also the Capitalism country, but Japanese people tend to not to consume or buy something a lot, and they try to save a lot of things not to abandon easily. For example, Japanese people buy comfortable quantity and size about their foods and try to consume everything what they bought, do not abandon. And if they break something, they try to fix it, not easily abandon. This difference is very interesting for me.

Regarding the 7th lecture, it was also interesting lecture, because of the explanation is related with various things: race, sexuality and gender, and so on. Especially, the answer against a question was very interesting: why is the American food so oily? The answer is related with “Social Engineering”. This is one technique of spy to seek information from someone who became full and careless. In Japan some people may use this technique not by food but by alcohol.

Thorough visiting Church, I felt the strong relation with people rather than religious power. On the other hand, in Japan, I feel strong religious power from the Shrine or Temple. This may be because of the structural attraction and many historical heritages. But in America, I went to the Episcopal Church in colonial area, and there was not so strong religious power and people got together and prayed and sang a song. So, I felt the strong relation between Christians rather than religious power. Moreover, before taking the lecture on August 13th, I did not know that there are many types of church and ways to pray, and I learned that American people tend to allow the new religion as long as not too wired, so it was very interesting lecture for me.

Finally, through the final presentation in this program, I learned that Japanese people are not good at presentation and we have to practice more. At first, most students could not speak without seeing any scripts. This may be difficult because English is not mother tongue, but we should take more time to practice and speak without scripts. Moreover, only a few people made some gestures. Due to these things, some people may feel boring of the presentation. In order to avoid this bad circumstance, I learned that the presenter should make the audience laugh or surprised. This is very helpful and effective for both audience and presenter. The audience can enjoy the presentation and understand its content. Moreover, the presenter can explain about his or her argument without anxiety, because he or she can realize that the audience listen to the presentation. Therefore, I have to practice more about the presentation.