Journal4

I would like to talk about my impression of Washington D.C.  I have not ever visited to Washington D.C. Before I came to here, I expected that Washington D.C. is very urban city.  It is true that I could see a lot of people, cars and tall buildings.  However, I could see a lot of not neo-futuristic buildings too.  I like these kinds of town, so I enjoyed walking around the town very much.  I think each country’s embassy, national building and stores or restaurants for tourists look so historical and cute.  And then I consent that Washington D.C. as the nation’s capital is made for tourists.  Also, I felt that Washington D.C. is smaller than I expected.  On August 15, I went to the embassy of Japan, Pentagon City and Georgetown.  I was surprised that Georgetown and Beacon hotel are closer than I thought.

Other point I felt in Washington D.C. is that a lot of huge monument is white.  Because, in Japan, white buildings are not many.  So, I felt fresh that many historical buildings’ color is white.  Washington D.C. is the nation’s capital of the U.S., and the U.S. is the central in the world from various view points.  So, I think that this city is made to look very beautiful and advanced.

Next, I want to talk about the embassy of Japan.  I have never visited to any other country’s embassy, before I went to the Japanese embassy.  So, I was surprised that it took a lot of time to enter the embassy of Japan.  However, visiting embassy is very good experience for me, because I could hear about the work of embassy and diplomat.  I didn’t know what they do, but I think their work like negotiation with the U.S and Japanese cultural public relations are very important.  Because, I think it is very important for Japan to have a relationship with America.  And also, I was happy to drink Japanese green tea.

Finally, I’m going to talk about monument in Washington D.C.  I visited to Washington monument, WWⅡ Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and FDR Memorial.  I thought everything is very big and wonderful.  And I was surprised that a lot of monuments are near each other.  In comparison, in Japan, each monument stands in the related place.  For example, The atomic bomb dome is in Hiroshima and Tower of himeyuri is in Okinawa.  I think it is nice to have many monuments and museums next to each other, because I can see many kinds of things in once time.  However, this is the feature of the U.S.  Because America is very big and it is hard to go many places.  I was glad to see a lot of things.  I am looking forward to go to the museums tomorrow very much.