Mayu Nukiwa-Journal Entry4

Firstly, I would like to express things learned while working on my Focus Group presentation. In Japan, there are few presentations and group work comparing with the US, I think. Therefore, I learned many things from the Focus Group presentation. In Japan, as you know, we prepared the presentation, but we changed the contents and the composition after coming to the William& Mary University and receiving advices from Daniel and you. For me, the most surprising thing was that the decisive proofs are necessary in the US. Of course, the proofs are also necessary in Japan, but less decisive proofs are permitted in Japan. In addition, the way to compose the presentation was great, I think. These are the differences between the US and Japan, and I want to develop my presentation skill through this experience, I think.

Secondly, I want to write about the differences between Tokyo and Washington D.C. that I felt while staying in Washington D.C. The most surprising thing for me was that there are many museums and memorials in Washington D.C. Actually, there are many museums and memorials in Tokyo, too, but they are not so big and crowded. I think it is wonderful thing that Washington D.C. has such great museums and memorials. In addition, though this is not only in Washington D.C., clothes in the US are more vivid and exposed than those of Japan, I think. This difference shows the differences of characteristics between the US and Japan, I think. I usually wear the clothes of Japan, but I love the clothes of the US, too because when I wear the clothes of the US, I become open-minded. Relating to this, I heard that the way of speaking effects the way of thinking. The famous singer in Japan seems to change the way of thinking according to the language that she speaks. By the way, these are the differences between the US and Japan, I think.

Thank you.