Honoka.T Journal2

I will write about how to spend yesterday afternoon.I went to Williamsburg premium outlets.In this place, I ate a hamburger with my friends.When I ordered a hamburger, the clerk asked to me ”how would you like your steak cooked, pink or brown?”I have no idea “pink or brown”.But while talking to the clerk, I understood “pink or brown” means “rare or medium”.I learned a phrase which is used by native speakers.I felt strongly it is important to talk tenaciously.When we have the check, I paid a lot.I think I will have the change.But I didn’t have the change.So I asked to my friends.My friends said ” the change may be regarded as your tip”.I thought paying the check and giving a tip are two different things.I asked to the clerk “Do I need to give a tip?”(I look back on this behavior, I think this behavior may be rude…)Then, the clerk said “You don’t have to give a tip”. It was exactly as my friends said.I felt like I became wiser.There is one other surprised thing.It may be difficult for American to pronounce my name.I think it is especially difficult for American to pronounce the “ha” column of the Japanese syllabary table (ha, hi, fu, he, ho).I called up a word, “honest”.The “h” in “honest” is silent.In like manner, I think “h” is usually silent in America, so it is difficult for American to pronounce the “ha” column of the Japanese syllabary table (ha, hi, fu, he, ho).And to be honest, I can’t remember kinds of American coins.Because American coins don’t have figures.So I can’t distinguish at a glance.Especially, I can’t distinguish coins of the same color.So I often help my friends or the clerks.I want to know how to distinguish the coins.Please tell me how to distinguish the coins easily.