journal2 Aiko Nagamine

While I join in this course, I gain something constantly that I cannot feel in Japan. Since I came to America, I always feel as if I were a sponge floating on the sea.
When I visited market, outlet, Richmond, I was surprised to see there was only one Tapioka store in the street although it was long. In addition, there was no people who drinking Tapioka even though those who are young.
In my country, especially where I live in, people love Tapioka and sold in dining room in keio university.
I searched popularity of Tapioka in America, the sites say “In America Tapioka are also well-known”. However, researched again, the number of Tapioka was felt lesser than Japan. This is so interesting to me, and the sites on Internet say there’re Tapioka store in washington, so I’m looking forward to going to there to certain the truth.

I also founded the difference of the type of character between countries.
On the way to art museum, I saw the women who sitting in the shade of tree  on the grass, reading a book, wearing traditional clothes.
That would never happen in Japan.
In Japan, we always felt busy–feel like I’m being chased and can’t run away−so we would think that deed “Mottainai”(Japanese consept of wasting my time)and cannot sit down during the day reading books.I thought the difference can be seen in friendliness of American.
We tend not to talk to strangers.However, American are likely to talk to those who are unknown.
I think this is caused by two factors.
Of course, as I said before, one is the difference of character, the other is
the system of word.
Every day, I am thinking about if American friendness will be derived from not being thonorific in English.In Japan, we must care whether people want to talk to are elder than me or not.However, there is no such consept that it is easier to talk to stranger and feel relationships with stranger grow.

This entry was posted in Yellow Dialogue Class. Bookmark the permalink.