Azusa Murata journal4

I went to World War Ⅱ Memorial last night. So, I’m going to write about what I felt when I visited the place. I also went past near the place last afternoon. But the place was lit up in the night, so the sight of night was different from the sight of noon and more beautiful than that of noon. The sight that the place was lit up looked like the fountain of Bellagio Las Vegas and I was deeply affected by the sight. There are arches which were written Pacific and Atlantic and many poles which were written the name of states of America and American territories. The arches and poles were imposing and look great. Also, there was a wall which indicated the price of freedom. The wall was decorated 4048 gold stars, it is said that each gold star represents on hundred American service personnel who died or remain missing in the war. In addition, there is a surprising thing that I felt while visiting there. Many people had a ride on a motor scooter and run. I thought that the place was a sanctum because it was a memorial of world war Ⅱ. So, I was surprised when I saw the scene that people took a ride on a motor scooter and I thought that there is a difference between Japan and the U.S.

Probably, everyone has his or her own reaction to World War Ⅱ Memorial. Some people feel that the place is good, others feel that the place is bad. But I was moved by the sight of the place and think that the place is good as a memorial of the war. And I think that people should not forget existence of people who became a victim of the war, so the place is very important for present people.